Friday 11 November 2011

Review for 'The Dark Gifts:Inheritance' by Willow Cross...

The Dark Gifts: Inheritance, is the second book in the series. I had been waiting ever so patiently (*cough cough*) for this book to reach my possession. By patiently, I mean not at all. I was highly anticipating reading this book as I had absolutely loved the first book in the series.

Firstly, I knew beforehand that it would not directly link to the previous book, and consequently it was not an overall surprise when I started reading it that it did not follow on. This, I feel, was a very clever technique, as it kept you wandering throughout how it would link, therefore keeping me, and everyone else, tagging along! The story flowed perfectly, and I found that I was never confused at what was happening in the story line. Nearing the end however, it is as though a light bulb had been switched on; you realize how the story links.

Inheritance features a brand new cast of characters. You find yourself travelling along on their rollercoaster of a journey for the newly discovered werewolves, brother and sister, Sarah and Jason, clinging to their every word, action and thought. They capture you. I love how each character have defining characteristics that are both admirable and charming. You witness these characters go through the unexpected and comprehend how they mature and handle certain situations. In their own ways, they become independent, responsible and admirable. To me, I found it easy to relate, identify even with them. The story was kept alive by these characters, as they breathed life into it, and made it more real in my mind. The characters helped the story to flow easily, as you become captivated, mixed in with their emotions. You feel the need to know what happens next, what’s in store for them!

I would, without a single doubt, give Inheritance a 5/5 (or can I say 10/5? Am I allowed? As I that’s what I feel it deserves!) It kept me reading until the very last page. I was enthralled with the storyline, characters and the plot, as it was an attention-grabbing read! I would thoroughly recommend this story to anyone of the lover of the paranormal, as incorporated within are witches, vampires, werewolves and more! Thank you so much Mrs. Willow! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your work. You are a highly talented writer and I can’t wait to see what is in store for the next novel (talk about a cliff-hanger!)!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment