Saturday 12 November 2011

Review for 'She Wasn't Allowed to Giggle' by Lavinia Thompson

She Wasn't Allowed to GiggleShe Wasn't Allowed to Giggle by Lavinia Thompson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


‘She Wasn’t Allowed to Giggle’ by Lavinia Thompson is an extremely personal insight into Thompson’s abusive past. The raw emotions that permeate this book are shown through each word she chooses. It is not sugarcoated, but left there for the reader to see. The poetry left me heartbroken for her, as I couldn’t possibly imagine what this could do to a person, but I was delighted, thoroughly exultant to witness her triumph over the darkness that had followed her. This was, without a doubt, a very personal book, one that must have taken extreme willpower to write. I salute her for her absolute bravery and determination. Times, this poetry is often dark and sad, but this turns into a strong confession, a strong ascension from the gloom.



Lavinia Thompson, I admire you inner strength.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment