Thursday 30 August 2012

Character Interview- Joanne Brothwell!!


Katie –Hi! First question! Would you like to tell us your name and describe yourself in a couple of sentences?
Hi everyone, I’m Evan Valente, and I’m the love interest in Joanne Brothwell’s novel, Stealing Breath. I’ve been told I have eyes the colour of sapphires, my hair is very dark, nearly black, and my girlfriend, Sarah Ross, says I have a “chiselled jawline”, whatever that means!

Katie – Oooh wow! What do you consider your strengths to be?

Evan – Personality or physical? I suppose my greatest strength is loyalty. I’m 100 percent loyal to Sarah; in fact, I would do anything for her. But if you’re wondering about physical strengths, it would definitely be the ability to channel electricity. I have to admit, that’s pretty cool.

Katie – Channel energy? Now that is VERY cool! So, what about your weaknesses?
Evan – Weakness? What weakness! No, just kidding. My past is my weakness. Being brought up in a family of Malandanti necromancers wasn’t easy. It has permanently left a scar.

Katie – Do you have a greatest fear?
Evan – I fear the power of my father, a Malandanti High Priest. Thank goodness he’s dead, because if he was still alive, I’m certain my future would be predetermined.

Katie – I would agree with you there! Scary! What is the most important thing in your life? What do you value the most?
Evan – Sarah. She has changed my life, for the better. I value her ability to see beyond the surface, beyond the flaws, to see the good in people.

Katie – Sarah sounds like an amazing person! What's the one thing you have always wanted to do but didn't/couldn't/wouldn't?
Evan – I’ve always wanted to ask my mother why she stayed with my abusive father. Unfortunately, she’s dead too, so I’ll never have the opportunity.

Katie – Secrets! Do you have any? Feel like sharing?

Evan – Geesh. I’m weighted down with so many secrets I’m practically crushed. Let’s just say, growing up in a Malandanti family has exposed me to many repulsive scenarios.

Katie – That sounds like a LOT! What’s your favourite colour?

Evan – Indigo. The colour of Sarah’s eyes (and her aura). Did you know she’s the only Indigo Child with an aura so powerful it actually manifested in her eyes?


Katie – Oh wow! That’s amazing! …And now for the ultimate question…How does it feel that another person writes your life?
Evan – Oh, I don’t mind. Joanne’s pretty cool. She knows me inside and out, and while I know she’s going to torture the hell out of me, in the end, things will all come together. I hope.

Katie – Thank you so much for joining me today, Evan! It has been fab to have you here! And a special thank you to Joanne, for letting you come along!! :)

You can find Joanne on Facebook = HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment