Thursday 30 August 2012

Michelle Birbeck - Character Interview!!!


Katie – Hi there! Firstly, would you like to tell us your name and describe yourself in 5 sentences? (Or less, whatever fits!)
Serenity Cardea, though I'd be grateful if you didn't share the name too widely. To most I'm known as Azrael, though if I'm being honest, I hate that name. However, if it's a choice between being called the Angel of Death and those who want me dead knowing my real name, Azrael it is.
I'm the last Keeper, charged with protecting the balance between the races, making sure the witches, Weres, and vampires stay off the human radar. I protect those who need it, fight those who cause trouble, and hope every day for an end to the slaughter my race has faced. Most days I feel old, as though I'm walking through a world I don't belong in. The days I don't are few and far between.

Katie – Oh wow! That must be a hard job! So, what do you consider your strengths to be?
Serenity – Being able to influence the minds of others is a great strength to have. It enables me to do my duty, to spare lives, and to mould the world into a better, less bloody place.

Katie – What about your weaknesses?
Serenity – I have a weakness, a physical one, in the form of one Ray Synclair. A human being whose life became my own when I met him. But I have other flaws, or so I'm told. I would save the whole world from itself if I could, even though I shouldn't.

Katie – Ray must be pretty special! What about fear? Do you have a greatest fear?
Serenity – Losing Ray. Not only would it mean the end of my life, but the end of everything I know. Being the last of us is a great burden, but it is more so knowing that Ray's life means the end of mine, and that the end of mine means the end of the balance.

Katie – What is the most important thing in your life? What do you value the most?
Serenity – Ray, my family and my race. Ray I value above all else. He is my happiness, my weakness, and my greatest joy. But my family and race are also just as important. I love visiting them when I have the chance, telling our stories and tales of times gone by. It's one of the things that still makes me smile, seeing the looks on their faces when I tell them stories.

Katie – What about this question? What's the one thing you have always wanted to do but didn't/couldn't/wouldn't?
Serenity – Slaughter the entire vampire race. There are days when I have to remind myself that to kill them all would make me as bad as they are. They slaughtered my race, murdered my sister in the most brutal way, and hunted us down, leaving our families scattered and scared. I want to kill them all for it, but I can't. I won't. And I really shouldn't.
And sometimes I wonder why they call me their Angel of Death. Sometimes my temper gets the better of me.


Katie – Wow! That must have been a terrible tragedy. I admire your self-restraint! Do you have any secrets? Do you feel like sharing?
Serenity – Only from Helen, and those are generally the secrets regarding how many bodies I've left waiting for the sun.

Katie – What about your favourite colour? Do you have one?
Serenity – Green or grey. Green because of the dresses I can wear in that colour that are so beautiful. And grey because that is the colour of the eyes I looked into and never wanted to look away from.

Katie – How does it feel that another person writes your life?
Serenity – I'd like to say Michelle is good to me, but that might not always be the case. She writes what happens, and she listens to what I see, not what I should see. It is... strange, sharing everything with someone, but at the same time, it is almost like sitting down and writing in the records, except with more personal details. However, she can be entertaining at certain, more intimate points of the tale.

Katie – Thank you so much Serenity, for taking the time to answer all of my questions! And thank you Michelle for allowing the time for her to do so! :)

You can find Michelle over here, at her Facebook page =  HERE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment